Selling Romance - Crazy Contraptions!
Advertisements in romance comics for diet aids and wigs are a dime a dozen -- and really, how many hairpieces does one girl need? Take a look below for truly useful products straight out of Girls' Romances #104 (October 1964)!
- First we have the "Inflate-a-Form Sweater Dryer." No more unsightly shoulder humps on your sweaters!
- Next up is the "Kurley Kut." This razorblade-on-a-stick is safe even for children!
- Don't forget the importance of lingerie clips for yourself or your sweetie. No more pretending to massage your neck while readjusting those slipping bra straps!
- The "De Fuzz It" is the perfect gift for the girl who has everything. It is scientifically designed for goodness sake!
- Compact-Style Photo Album doubles as a cigarette case -- simply remove the accordion folded acetate windows!
- If you have always wanted to hook your vacuum's exhaust hose up to your or your loved one's head, then this Hair Dryer Hood is just what you have been looking for! Good thing it is flame-proof!
- This Shower Hood is incredibly handy both in the shower and in biohazardous situations. I wouldn't want to be caught anywhere without it, quite frankly.
- Last but not least, we have an Exercise Stretcher. This flab trimmer is best used in conjunction with the Hair Dryer Hood. If you have to sit for 15-30 minutes to let your hair dry, you might as well stretch your hamstrings!
The holidays are just around the corner -- what are you getting for your loved one? Perhaps one of these crazy contraptions?!